Due to Betty's recent illness, most of Betty's sites are limited to members only, and no new registrations for memberships will be accepted at this time.

Trans News ~ Headline News ~ Science News ~ Tech News ~ Paranormal & Aliens
Odd News ~ Betty's YouTube ~ My other channel

The more you give, the
more we can give back!
There has been,

Hits to Betty's
Pubs since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Author Topic: Promises, Obligations and Consequences  (Read 132994 times)

teddi

• Winner of the Golden Panties Award
Promises, Obligations and Consequences
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »
“Sister, after more than five weeks time here you wish to return home “now” just like that and without consideration of either time or place?  I would ask the cynical question, what do you really expect to find upon your return:  at that exact moment when you again discover yourself, physically able to interact in what you consider to be, “your” mortal reality.  Certainly, one such as you must consider that aspect of her continued existence.  Pray tell, what do see “now” which will have altered for you?

“Conceivably, would you anticipate more of what you consider real as opposed to the hypothetical; or, shall it be otherwise?  Questionably, shall all upon a whim “now” resume from a point prior, as if nothing had transpired, or, shall your existence itself in some manner “now” transform; diverging upon a resonate moment in time, such as “now” where newfound faith and reality at last, for you at least, coincide?  I would caution, that if the first is your selection, then our journey has been in vain for you would loose the enlightenment you now so dearly prize.  If on the other hand you select among the alternatives, many things would be different:  perhaps substantially. “Now,” as I too have what I wanted, tell me where and when to go, the choice is now yours; specify.”

“Sissy, by all rights I should tell you specifically where to go right “now” but given circ-umstance and surroundings this is neither the time nor place; however I really don’t understand, just moments ago you claimed it was mere minutes, now it is weeks…how is that at all possible?

“Temper, temper; take heed for at this moment our every word and frequent thought are heard by all, including those presumptuous exalted who comprise the Gallery of the Gods.  Sister, on our common journey here, I spoke only the truth to you, only mere minutes had passed; but “now,” Here, have you not also considered that comparably, a second to Him is as a week or more to you or me? Time, as you know it dear sister is relative, and between you and I, no pun was intended; the altered states of our existence is too affected by that subjective link.  Evidently, by your astonished silence, obviously not; for without that understanding you have lost an elemental portion of yourself in time, particularly your disbelief.”

“Sissy, if I accept that at face value then what do you mean by the rest of what you have alluded to?  Why do I feel that you are suddenly so callous towards me and this is another trick because if it is it is not at all funny?”

“Sister, it is no trick and most definetly it is not funny:  it is most serious for neither you nor I can return to the same exact point prior to having entered this realm.”

“Then you lied to me!  You said that all would resume as if nothing had happened and I believed you!  You lied!”

“Did I really?  No, I think not, though perhaps, it is understandable that one such as you would assume such.   Certainly, I could rationalize it all away, parsing words and claim a misunderstanding on your part, but that would not be the truth of it.   I told you all would resume as if nothing had happened and that no one would ever be the wiser and it could be so; that continued reality is but one truth…if…you choose it to be so.  However, here, intrinsically, we both have benefitted; you have gained certain belief; therefore, there is another truth to consider.  The truth of what will occur if you decide otherwise.  If you choose to return to that same moment, disregarding your experience, unfortunately, you would then loose yourself for a second time and so many others, such as your children, would follow suit.”

“Sissy, I have no children!”

“Yes, that too for you is the cold truth, especially, if we returned to that exact point in your current time line; consider that aspect as fact, you do not now have nor would ever have any.  Is that your heartfelt desire?”

“Aeryn, the choice you face is simple and straightforward; that enrichment which you have experienced through Him, Here, is your newfound innate understanding:  it is yours to take with you, to nurture and use; if you so decide.  If however, you choose to return to that same moment just prior to our passage, in essence, you would not have experienced any of this nor would you remember any portion thereof and all would resume; as I said it would.  It would continue to be as if none of this had ever occurred and none, save myself, would be the wiser:  including you.  Consider, He would not nor will He ask you, on my behalf, to play the fool twice.  Before you reply, in your heart, you understand this to be true.

“In essence, seer, the journey itself was a means to an end, a cause, to an effect.  His was the prompt that caused you to act:  by your own words, He said as much.  He wanted you here before Him and others, otherwise, He would not have allowed you to cross over  from there to Here; there, being where you still exist in the form of flesh; where Here, ethereally, it is quite another.  That is the one and only truth, which you must consider for the moment and the one that I had sworn to never reveal following our game:  His confided desire.

“If on the other hand, you select otherwise, your untold experience would be well worth the remembering even if it remained unspoken between us.  Understanding that however, there remains a miniscule item to address, specifically, where shall we go?

“Sissy, why do you delight in tormenting me and why on earth are you continually beating about the bush when it comes to these matters?  

“Of course, my apologies, you would prefer instead the one that still burns bright upon the mountain; after all, you are the one who claims to have spoken with Him at length.  Moreover, you assert He definitely has a sense of humour; I can see why.  Still, predicated upon reality; for you, that remains to be seen.”

“What do mean by that sarcasm? I thought we were just to return home.  Now there’s more?”

“At last a question asked and answered in kind which is straight to the point.  He didn’t actually inform you of all that much more did He now?  Well, I and the others wait.  By your silence, it is evident that some…minor…items remain unspoken.  By your leave, I will assist.  

“By your admission, He said, “Go home.”  I ask in all sincerity, “which is the home He specifies, that we return to?” Speak with clarity and I shall act in response that we return to the one that He deems is best suited for us both. Yes, yes, I know, you do not understand, therefore seer, from your memory recall the words of a predecessor, those of Tiresias; speak them aloud, and please remember that here and now, you do speak before the highest of councils; pompous as they may be.  I hear that in waiting that they are now all ears. Seer, a warning, speak only those words, which you deem applicable to the moment and listen carefully to only those thoughts which will be of assistance; for there is no love lost among those who arrogantly sit and enviously watch us from afar.  

“Ohh my, I can’t be the middle of this, not now. You can’t be serious.  Sissy, is this a test because the only words I remember are those of a spectre who stood before us but a short time ago claiming they were the blinds prophets own.”

“Exactly.”  

“Exactly? Why exactly?”

“Because I asked you to; besides in your case, when lit, the bush burns brighter; that is when understanding is achieved.”

“That’s not funny! Sissy, why are you making sarcastic jokes here and now about something like that?  What will all of them think?”

“Remarkable, you have become suddenly conscientiously indignant.  As for what they think, what do I care?  Advocate, why are you now so serious?  I promise the answer will come to you shortly. Please, indulge the soul whose heart is breaking; has never learned to dance; nor taken time to live, nor love; one afraid of dying; and has been, to this moment, continually longing.”

“Are you speaking of me or yourself?”

“Self awareness at last and yes to both.”  

“But, but, why now?   Advocate?  For whom?  I don’t understand…and why shouldn’t you care?  I mean…I…need to …what I meant to have said was that…I hear the words of Tiresias you asked of me…but do I just think them or speak them aloud?  Besides Here…and now…there are many…other thoughts which… compete for my…my…hmmm…no…even Here there is envy.  I am afraid for but few who sit above in some gallery are pure.  Really, I don’t know …if not they…then whome can I trust.”

“Aeryn, you decide.”

“No, for some reason I think otherwise.  For some reason I always thought what I was doing was right...but now…Here…I don’t know.”

“Your memory is short lived, follow my past example; where you are concerned for the moment, it is safer course of action.”

“Sissy, for some unexplained reason, the thought just entered my mine that you would be…that she and you could be…ohh my…I fear that I really have done something terrible to you.  I apologize.”

“For what?”

“You are not going to make this easy on me are you?”

“Seer, for what will occur, it is not I to whom you would speak, but to answer your question, no, it will not be easy for you.  However, if it is of any consequence I do know what is in the box you gave away and of your impromptu if not truly mischievous intent in doing so.  Moreover, I understand the folklores alluded to implication.   Nevertheless, I am honored at the thought and its original intent; that will suffice.   Understanding that, I will accept it without malice upon return and without reservation.  There now, does that ease your mind?”

“I could say yes but for some reason I still feel guilty.”

“Sister, why do think He was laughing?  He told you He has sense of humour; Intelligent design does at times grow wearisome but it travels hand in hand with misconstrued levity.  That being said, I believe something can be arranged. Now if you would be so kind, recite Tiresias’ words and after every salient thought, offer your most profound explanation.  Without delay if you please and “now” would be a good time to begin.”

“Sissy, why do your eyes begin to glimmer or appear to fume so with rage?  No matter, but before I begin where shall I turn to look?”  

“Turn first to the horizon where the brightest of light emanates then to those whome haughtily sit scornfull and embittered; intuitively, your eyes will move to it.”

â€śAhem. Yes, of course, I should have known, now first to the light then on to…to all, Tiresias’ words as I remember are as follows.  â€śUpon the river Ocean,” I am told, is a phrase which does not refer to those common waters found elsewhere; instead, it referes to the universe as a whole, or the entirety of the cosmos or perhaps the sum total by His hand of Creation itself.  In any event, for the moment, that is what I perceive; He tells me only that and nothing more.

“Sissy, the overpowering thought occurs that from this moment I am to stand unaided and will speak; withdraw, stand aside and allow me the moment I now envision.  

“A moment please for...ohhhh my goodness, we are parted.  I had no idea that it was this wonderful:  liberty; though, among certain others Here, it is othewise for I sense  immediate thoughts which are not mutual.  Instead, I sense coldness if not bitter resentment itself.  Perhaps it is best that I continue with the issue at hand and for the moment avoid such.

"As Tiresias continued with, with “…there are always three ships,” which, which, I would presume in some manner as being the Past, the Present and the Future.  Somehow, I would qualify this assumption because “Sometimes many more” which follows, qualifies its predecessor. Therefore, I believe the insinuation to be far more expansive and essentially life threatening.  Sissy, I apologize, but for some reason, on this matter I must reserve the right at a future moment to return and reconsider my previous thought.

“But now, I would continue with “And those who sail upon them” could mean that those who exist or did exist within their confines are, until forgotten, always a part of every one of them. “Most never to set foot on lands unknown,” in essence states the obvious; that those beings are confined to their nation state or perhaps the world on which they exist or is it their reality of which we now speak?  However, for some untold reason, they never venture anywhere else.  But here too, I would reserve the right to return and reconsider for the explanation tendered is far too simplistic and perhaps I am being far too literal in my interpretation.

â€śThat said however, “neither vessel is without crew, nor food, nor drink; or without sky, or night or the stars above,”most definitely referes to the world upon which those entities exist.  Given that I would revisit a prior conclusion and muse aloud that “…sometimes many more” is perhaps an insinuation to other worlds, which Tiresias likened to ships, which also exist in the universe and which too are inhabited simultaneously.  Still the feeling grows stronger that something has eluded me much as you had eluded Seianus.  

Nevertheless, the blind prophet continued with “Yet neither vessel shall accept any other additional provisions or crew” which I take to mean as not a voluntary action, nor requiring any specific knowledge; in fact by accepting additional persons or provisions, something untowards would occur; therefore, perhaps the underlying implication is not benign and is in fact more sinister?  

He all but concludes with “Side by side, they sail for time eternal until such time that all but three shall cease to exist.  That time approaches yet again.”  Dare I put forward the obvious that at some point, annihilation or disappearance shall occur and all those worlds, their inhabitants and whatever else it is that they are comprised of shall simply cease; all except the original three.  However, here I must return to a prior moment and without immediate comment, consider the many thoughts of Maximillian; afterwards I believe I can explain.

“Now, with all of that being said there is most definitely something lacking; something weightier, something which Tiresias claims stands before the Highest of Magistrates and is so favored and empowered by Him.  Sissy, Tiresias intimates that you, the traveler, are the issue at hand, not I.  Here I am but His accepted medium.

From memory now, “Odysseus’ final warning to your mother “To choose one above the other is certain death” did not refer to her choice between either Achilles or himself.  It was instead Tiresias’ admonition to her to refuse selecting a personal preference; especially where you were concerned.  My dear little brother, the truth of the matter is now evident, why else would you have engaged Maximillian except for an explanation of your inherent abilities.

“Maximillian provided you the opportunity, that of the immediate knowledge you desired and what knowledge at times he lacked he could and would find for you; such was your relationship.  Understandably, you could not have approached Him and asked for His enlightenment:  for to do so, would have prejudiced not only the Game but also Him to your cause as well.  Instead, over centuries, through trial and error, you persisted and proved yourself and I now know how; unfortunately, as you progressed others, seated Here above, grew increasingly resentful of you and now…and now…now I sense their various thoughts…those that would betray them…as some did you twice and as they would have eventually Him. I do not presume to understand it all; nor of what will follow, except that on this side of the expanse more than one shall fall to those who wait below and claim their just desserts.  I would paraphrase from another  those words which would strike fear into those who wait and listen, “Sing, O goddess, of the wrath of a child, that which brought countless ills upon those souls it send hurrying down to Hades.”* I hear in the wind that at last, there is symmetry and fear it shall commence upon but a word:  now.  I...

Homers first line of the Iliad…paraphrased.

teddi

« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
"I...forsee the horror of their fall, as inevitably now do they.   Sissy, those three who impulsively rise to flee your wrath are discovered; and thus openly betray themselves.  Yet in the immediate moment, I perceive, there is infinitly more to be lost.  Impetuously, your thoughts cry out “As they acted…let them be cast as one from Heaven’s Domain.”  I ask, shall you now rest and brood alone as Achilles while silently gloating assuming their mantel?  On the other hand, shall you stand out-of-the-way surveying their fall from Grace; or, shall you overtly partake in this event, thus becoming yourself legend; yet, it could be otherwise, remembered merely as their final arbiter?  With many possibilities, I am told the final fee for their turpitude is now yours to consider.

“In the end, when the deed is done, will you be content knowing that they dwell without respite for eternity:  perceiving that they are the fetid prisoners of their own contrivances?  Alternatively, perhaps you would be otherwise so indifferent that you would emulate each and stand impassive as they recoil from those farfetched horrors of which in their own awareness only they could imagine.  Conversely, shall they serve in some manner as a constant reminder?  In this moment Sissy, I perceive that an opportunity presents itself, therefore, I ask of you and as His mediator, on their behalf for an indulgence.

“Specifically, I solicit in behalf of three who understandably fear your intrinsic vengeance and voice aloud “Is there an alternative in victory that would suffice; one, which would equate to your loss or shall we all come to ruin?  The latter of which I speak is the darker side of the tale, which until now few has had knowledge, and I will shortly explain, for it has become all to clear the cost to you and to so many others; now themselves the countless innocents lost.  

“Ageless child, though you are justified to do otherwise, here and now, for them I ask for… leniency … and in so doing consider in the moment the worth of your victory.  Moreover, in passing, I would caution the three stoics of time who would take flight…not so fast…remain…for your hour is indeed late.  The Creator of All knows what I know and now too ponders the alternatives if not the consequences.  

“Sissy, so that all may know, He kindly bids me tell you; “Through countless lives you have had many names and in each found incalculable sorrow.  Always you have asked yourself…“Why me?”yet never once “Why?” of Me.  Illustrated child of time whom the stoics fear:  you, are a solitary soul born in search of the truth, unwilling to yield or accept the inevitability of what little they would falsely offer in My Name.  For that, that Will they forfeit is now yours…I ask of my…Time Warrior…decide their fate…but first…listen.”

“Sis…I mean…“my honorable…little princely lord of time”…there are many things to disclose and I call for all…attend, for truly at the heart of the matter it remains…a celestial conspiracy.

“Now then, where shall we begin but at the beginning before you first chose to contest.  Cursed as a child, your true nature was known known only to Him and then over time revealed only to the stoics themselves. For this and other reasons, the three perceived you a manifest threat to each.

“Warrior, you well know, as a rule, prior to a new life coming to reality, a list of names is inked and from the Guff, souls are randomly assignated to each and with but one exception, you, those were only after the souls had been cleansed.  The process would thus avoid the inevitable “trail of tears” upon which you have long walked.  

“The stoics understood, as you, the nature of the game played and of Whose predictable hand against Whom you would contest.  It is upon that inevitability which they wagered all:  that in time not only would you tire of your repetitive ordeals but also that you would certainly loose to Him and in turn loose yourself; but as oft is the case with rampant envy not even that all but certain eventuality sated them.

“That is the reason until now, unknown to all others, Here, for any life assigned you, that meager prospect of earthly existence, cast to your soul, was as a bare bone first picked clean then thrown to a dog; for your supposedly random and countless names, except for one, were selected first by them.  You alone selected the last.  Furthermore, unknown to anyone else, except for Him, those souls assigned to whichever name you chose prior were purposely shortlived and then surreptitiously undermined further in life by the stoics themselves:  in direct contravention of His Will.  From there, the tangled web did grow.

“For to that extent they constantly plotted your demise leaving nothing to chance. It was surmised inevitable, that in each life chosen, that you would fall only to rise again and in many instances…the fall selected was set in the most horrible manner:  in the mistaken belief that upon return Here, a change of heart would occur; you would give way and submit.  In so doing, you would loose yourself and most certainly your varied and unique abilities.

“Instead, they came to realize that whatever their expectations of gratitude and fealty which you might acknowledge to them in His name were short-lived; for instead of the acceptance and surrender you repaid each in kind with repeated disdain and ever-increasing obstinance.   Now the question of “Why?” can be answered, because Here, you were their pariah:  the solitary interloper of their once personal domain with whom they were naturally discordant and perpetually at odds.

“Moreover, the overwhelming immediate thought now occurs to others…“Knowing this…“Why…did He not act?  Why…did He not intervene?”  What makes all of you who now dare draw near think He did not…prior?   Is it not written, “Heaven helps those who helps themselves?”  Of course, the answer is “Yes.”

“As proof, deep within the vaults of the Heavenly Archives lays a recently delivered parchment of consideration; the intent of which is twofold as it is foremost a contract between two specific entities:  the Creator of All Himself and “No Man” in particular.  Moreover, the parchment also bears above a single braid of gold a solitary watermark, a tear, which of His own hand the words “Spondeo, Officium guod Eventus” indelibly seals it.  In that respect, it serves a final article of resolution, which, according to Him, for you, is satisfied:  as it now contains your mothers’ consent; specifically her first signature of reconciliation, unreservedly acknowledging you as her own as well as her second signature; a publically bargained doc-ument-reiterating acceptance.

â€śSecondly, it is also His evaluation of time, a sounding, through you, pertaining not only the depth of their deception as it applied to you both; but also that of your unswerving devotion…of maintaining in this matter not only an indissoluble pact…but also that regardless of circ-umstances …your Promise to Him of absolute silence.”  

“But now, the questions set forth before all are what shall be done with them and then for you?  Seemingly, moments ago you decried the eventuality of your return home and with good cause.  I understand, as does He, that which is the darker side of the equation; for while you are able to move unhindered through time itself you have here-to-fore lacked a certain quality.   Most certainly Maximillian could have have assisted you and several times had intimated that inherent feature; but then again, in some instances, he too understood that some things until resolved are better left unsaid.   In your mind, you have forever lacked what can best be described as a homing beacon.  Traveler, you were simply unable to discern the harmonic frequency of certain heartfelt objects, those which resonate regardless of state such as voice, which speaks or sings…to one or more?  Perhaps one which is especially now dear to you.  Do you understand?

“Very well, for the moment, stand mute if you must.  Nevertheless, understand that here and now, I too realize the sum of my experience.  That since I first met you, instead of those few hours of which I am actually aware, in reality, instead years have passed; and whoever I once was, has forever changed.  Moreover, somewhere, lost in time and space, my mother waits alone in silence for my return as now does yours.  It alone is the world you seek. That is Tiresias’ conundrum; that you have been forever lost in the oceans of space and time, which are themselves not only overlapping realities, but also those of overlapping and concurrent universes.  Each world you enter or leave is merely to you a transport; it takes you to a home, which is never quite right.  You perceive it does not feel the same.  

“Therefore, your pronounced fear of return is well founded for as you have moved from place to place you have discovered that you are unable to return to that exact vessel which is your own world.  Unfortunately, for those whom you leave behind upon one or another, you spoke the truth; they are never the wiser.  They remain, in place, never to move or draw breath again; unsuspectingly with a thought you have become the innocent destroyer of worlds, sadly, such is your inherent nature.  

“The past, the present and the future are now yours to do with as you please; we await your decision.”

teddi

« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »
Well? Dare I ask, are you going to decide; or shall we stand Here for ages?”

“Sister, why not remain?  If we stay what is the harm?  Short of eleven weeks ago, you vowed you would do no harm; now you would return and because of a decision, made in relative haste, would do otherwise.  I thought I knew you better, much better than you think you understand those who present but a fascade of compliance of your command to remain.

“How odd you should gleen that they would…“raise” to flee while others, including myself at times, had long considered time as a singular entity…monotonously linear…always moving from… left to right as it were and if only for appearance sake always moving inexorably from past to present.  Now however, an obscure thought, once cast aside as impossible is applicable to the saying of “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the truth.”* And the truth is that that commonly held age-old belief is far from the truth because the stoics too, as I, move in other directions as well and that they are not truly, what they appear to be.  Sister, the creature known as time surreptitiously moves at will in multiple dimensions to wherever and whenever it pleases:  such, as you would say, is its nature.

“Seer, in your minds eye, look, at least once to the Gallery of the Gods themselves.  Behold, yes there…see it at the forefront of them all?  There they dourly sit as Cerberus, three pretenders, joined at the hip as one, sharing a common throne, who ostensibly remain and without interest:  comply with your request.  However, unseen are those other facets within time that comprise its essence which have fled.  The creature you view is but a diminished shell and for the moment will cause us no further harm; for without time, on any level, there is no existence and to that end, they sit knowing that if only for that one concern they were and for the moment are sheltered.  You should take satisfaction, your desire through no overt action of mine, has become command.  

“Sissy?  What do mean by all of that?  What have I done?  Besides how would you know that time is stilled?”

“Sister has it not occurred to you that Here Seianus was not the sole recipient of my veiled scrutiny; that for Him I would, as you so fittingly decribed me, as a ferret, studiously examine all other possibilities. The ever-astute seer must appreciate that if time is deprived even in part of its sum total, it cannot move; consequently, nothing ever will come to harm again, anywhere.  I required your profound insight not only to its plausible impulsive movement but also to articulate a spoken command as His envoy, which has been disobeyed.  One would consider it two birds with one stone!

“It was essential not only to expose its intrinsic character but also for it to willingly divest itself of that persona which for too long had escaped notice:  specifically the creature’s ability to move through time on multiple levels, while remaining firmly rooted in the present.  The essence of its existence is gone and only with the appropriate consent may it congeal again.  You, seer, have been quite useful. Hail Victory!  

“But take heart for in the interrum, I too have considered your advice; however I fear continued turpitude from various sources.  Sister, the futility of ever attempting to return home without a simple and guaranteed concession of a clear and unfettered signal that would guide us, is significant.  Any attempt to return would be pointless; because the beacons, by which we, they and I, navigate through time and space with, oscillate in a multitude of frequencies simultaneously.  Moreover, some have common characteristics nearly indescernable from the other and if altered, even slightly, I am certain we would inevitably fail.   You see, I knew prior to our arrival what Maximillian would have intimated and until an accord is reached, I trust no one.

“In the mean time, pending its return and prior to any decision, was I to savor the moment and linger, would I in turn diminish myself all the while knowing that I take some small pleasure in its new found misfortune?  How unexpected the pleasure!

“However, the very point is moot for I acknowledge that base thought and consider what would become of me if I outright savored the moment further.  Be that as it may, before all, my immediate and contemptuous self-rebuke is forthright.  Otherwise, as they, I would be forever stained for no amount of time would wash clean the taint of blood from my hands.  Better to remain the perpetually cursed child of time than become the handmaiden of certain death.  But then again, the thought occurs, that is what you, in some manner, with a gift would make of me:  a bridesmaid; perhaps, for you, there was an unavoidable symmetry to be found.

“And in the midst of it all, how droll the thought that in every manner the given name upon the discharged pact so aptly crafted; described myself as “no man” in particular who himself appositely remains the unblemished eternal youth.  Fated before birth to an end from which I cannot escape.  I exist as one who is neither truly mortal nor immortal, but always…always…hauntingly me:  a demigod.   Somehow, the thought occurs that in the end, I will take no pleasure from any of this.  Instead, I ponder to suffer a thousand deaths more than to succ-umb to their wiles and too become in every aspect times mere facsimile.  

“You have naught to say:  then mores the pity.  I would have expected something other than silence.  Allow me.

“Sister, consider, is it not ironic that I, for the moment, am the exception to the adage that youth is wasted upon the young?”  Perhaps in the end it is so; yet it is presumptuously a childish thought is it not.  Shall I as a child now presume?  

“To you, the proper reply would be…“No.”  But through you I do hear many voices and those thoughts remain singularly disposed…each in some manner or fashion chides me:  â€śDecide.”  Sister, truthfully, another as me would never hesitate to return regardless of circ-umstances and the hell with the consequences of so doing.  However, there is no other as I…Heaven itself could now fall for all I care:  but I ask, “Where I would be then and through it all what would I have gained?

“To me the proper answer would be “Nothing.”

“But Here and now I would ask aloud to all… hear me…if only for a moment.  â€śWould it be so terrible if no decision was made,” then what?”

“Their proper reply would be…wait for it…listen, ahh yes…here it is…all together now “Nothing!”

â€śNothing? Nothing at all?  My, my, my who would have thought of that!”

“But that’s the minority…and they’re a vocal lot!  And those goodly souls, the majority, who otherwise stand silently and listen to our every word; what do they have add?  Nothing but a proper whisper of…“Nooo.”  Self-rightous lot! Therefore, what am I to conclude except that now, I find that even in Heaven there is discord?   Imagine that!

“Of course, incongruously, were we to remain Here, we may together never age but then so vexed, would those same angelic voices themselves turn and set upon me those fiery eyes again without thought and seek through them to burn my soul?  In either eventuality, whomever I listen to, I am lost.  Then who am I to trust?  The proper answer is “No one.”

“But here I am morosely thinking of myself while you sister, stand idle and cause no harm.  That was your wish was it not.   I ask what now of yourself or of your heartfelt desires. Most certainly, you pensively wait understanding much; but so little more and remarkably, you have held not only your tongue but your wits about you as well.  I laud you.  You have indeed grown to the part yet you look at me pensively askance…yet I perceive not for solice or rectitude.  Pray tell, what possible desire of me now formulates within?  Shall we together consider our options or shall I abruptly resolve the entire dilemma and with a stroke make an end of it all?  

“Little one, I should be angry at you for using me but I am not.  I understand and many are the thoughts which Here shout to you, “Hail Victory!” While at the same moment, others decry a sudden action with but one word “Wait.”  Have you not noticed, as I, that either voice is a thought in torment?”

“Torment?  What would the lot of them know of torment! They all have what they want and they have had it for some time!  Unquestionably, they are here.  On the other hand, I am a vagabond:  neither truly here nor do I belong anywhere else.  Until moments ago, all I have had is misery and all I have done through time is wander.  I roam through time and beg always assuming…assuming much and receiving little in return.  One way or another that will end!  

“As for myself, here and now, I will assume nothing:  especially their (the stoics) shared mantel of responsibility, as I neither sought nor coveted what was theirs; nor am I willing to remain in their sted.  It is all to the contrary, I want nothing from them; they are bereft and without sense. Let them sit there for ages and plead to me!  Nor were I to relent will I diminish myself by accepting in return an iota from them.    

“Moreover, was I to cast them immediately to the gates of Hell itself, and with a thought I find I could, it would speak to what manner of soul, through their actions, I would have become; but truly it is not out of pity for them that I stay my hand. It is quite otherwise.

“Sister, to me they are nothing but killers!  Look at them.  They sit:  expressionless, all the while knowing it is they who will ultimately slay whatever is born.  Time, not I, is the merciless killer, the destroyer, which follows us all:  young and old alike; it promises much in youth concedes less with age and finally with a breath smugly takes all in the end.  That is the only truth of which I am now aware.  

â€śNor, as you suggest, will I run and sulk as Achilles alone to brood bemoaning Providence for I do not share in their Schadenfreude; after our business is concluded that considerable amount among them is theirs alone for eternity to apportion.  I would take pleasure in watching them from afar:  decay where they sit.  So there!”

“Yes, little one, so there it is.  You have remained for ages a lost child without a home:  one who has remained honorable to a fault seeking the truth of his existence and have now found it.  Would you betray Heaven for yourself now?   Remember little one, those who initially wagered upon your resolve:  and lost?  You were a better little man then than the man you are becoming now.

“However, if you now decide otherwise, I will understand.  As for what I would have made of you with a gift…it is merely baseless folklore.  Truly, I, we, Mother and I, meant no harm and most certainly, both Mother and I considered it an act of kindness; one of love, that you deserved.  My sweet, the girl at first sight for eternity has loved only you.

“So you say now but for my part I’m not so certain of that!  It was another long ago of whom was dreampt.”

“The Medium of Heaven thinks otherwise:  but for the moment consider your decision; other approaches and would speak.  What do you think she will say as she beholds her progeny?  

*Arthur Conan Doyle

teddi

« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
“She would confirm the Seer’s thoughts and tell the child that long before your births that this moment of fulfillment was, by Him, anticipated.  It is that painful journey towards Destiney as wanderers, which has brought you Here.   That, which you may call cruel or capricious Fate, am I, your guardian Angel who has watched over, or so ever slightly nudged, you, along the path to this moment:  though, admittedly at times, the journey for all has been painful.  Yet, it is only through hardship one developes not only the inner strength necessary for success but also enhances one’s capabilities and true potential.  To that end, I have as a mother, always been near and will continue to be so.  

“Yet for the moment, this Angel herself would ponder, by what name should she at last address the perfection of her own mindseye who stands before her?  Whereupon, shall she first then ask, forgiveness; and if so tendered, ask, what of Astyanax; of all who participated to this moment, for some reason, only he remains elusive.  On the other hand, shall she instead with loving eyes turn them upon the child she first held as her own and ask of him the same:  forgive me all? Both thoughts of each are dear yet neither would convey the sum of her heartfelt sorrows to either.  

“Moreover, she would explain to the Seer it is to that end as conciliator that I am here;  for at this moment, it is only to speak. Eventually, upon your return, much is still to unfold and will.  â€śChild, I ask, hold your pensive thoughts and consider, as you have labored, so too have others, for but a short time ago, yours, were the tears which have finally been judged in sum.

“I sense your puzzlement and looming query of “To what tears do you refer; for to this moment what tears have I offered?” I would reply to the child of certain times past…  â€śMany are the few:  beginnings with a solitary tear; falling from a child who, as an apparition, repeatedly walked a long past, though well trod path, as a stranger upon a distant shore.  Child, it is that first tear his Herald Aquila brought Him by which all others are judged and His is the hand that forever sealed the solitary and still glistening droplet.    

“Others would claim the second was from a child of the narrows, who dared first barter and part with so precious a treasure; where, at that moment for him, all could have ended, but it did not for it was judged as pure as the first and well worth the deferred price paid for its tender.  However, those few would not know the extent of Bions involvement with another, nor of his manifest capabilities nor of his considerable quandaries:  especially as to the formulation of a well to a device, which would not run dry.  In some circuitous manner, through another, it came to his astute attention that your tears be utilized; consequently, he engendered the henna for three priceless pens, which to this moment still write.  

“Your immediate thought of “Who else could have known the worth of a particular tear?” is accurate:  of course, your first thought is of the one who first understood its magnitude and was there from the beginning, besides Him.  True, I could have offered Bion that knowledge and of how to obtain them; but I did not.  I would whisper the secret to all it was another.  And for an enterprising and diverse a soul such as Bion was, in Heaven or on earth, the tears from those who ostensibly sleep do not go to waste particularly yours.  

“Child, you found in yourself a voice that would die for you long before you lost your tongue.  He too found Bion and supplied the required stores.

â€śRemember, in your many tormented dreams of reliving each life; even those you cried as Elias?  Many were taken along with those that flowed at the moment of Joachems surrender when at last he poured out his life to His Winged messenger. And each libation was found as pure as the preceding and each regardless of place or time withstood His gaze.  

â€śNow at last, I must come to you; the architect of it all.  That is which is required is it not, my precense before the Arbiter?  Yours and no others is the given authority on this matter to decide.  Yours are the machinations that have brought us to this moment.  Child there is nowhere else to run or worlds to visit and nowhere else to hide.  In so doing, you would only run from yourself.

Now hush and remember, when you so lovingly, reached for me and there as I cradled you, you in affirmation, so willingly embraced me in release?  Yes, of course you do.  Still, I would whisper to you…harken back and remember… for now I speak specifically of those voiced fears…especially of those tears shed upon my garment?  Child, that eve, to you, I spoke only the truth, they did not stain:  neither my garment nor your soul, nor would they; for you and the first you harbored gave them all without hesitation.  

“Child at that moment of abandon you too turned to me a face long secreted from my eyes:  that of the son of Hector.  And who is say which of the tears was first shed:  yours or his.  In any event, as I ostensibly held you, indisputably both found their way to rest upon me.

“But Here, an admission before all:  itself a shocking revelation.  Afterward, in astonishment, I sat bewilderment finally understanding the incomprehensibility of unafathomable love and was humbled; and for a moment, understood, I had opened my heart and turned to you a face never seen before and was accepted.   And of those first rare thoughts that coursed through my soul…were only…that I held you close and in amazement realized that you were truthfully mine.  

“It was then with urgency, I fled your side, returned Here; petitioned an audiance and supplicated of Him as I presented my garment:  â€śMighty One, judge these tears not only to the extent of their remembrances…or of myself…but also as to the extent of their potentialities.  Grant in your wisdom an end to our despair.”  Silently He sat and considered my request and then with a nod He bid me approach and thought, “Present your offerings.”

Child, He leaned forward upon His mighty Throne and took what I offered and thought to me two words, which, He knew to me, were frightful: “And yours?” Downcast and dishearted, at once, I sadly realized the scope of my error for to that moment in all my existence I had shed not one, let alone a solitary Pardoning Tear of my own.  I would have fled but found myself unable to move before Him and thought myself lost.

The silence between us and of those who observed a soul in the throes of agonizing reality was conspicuous and unbroken until the sound of His thoughts “But one tear will I take and make whole an Angel” echoed thoughout His realm.  It was then I felt upon my face His hands and in astonishment watched the tip of fingers lift from each of my eyes a solitary tear.

“Child, in Heaven it said, “To an Angel, time is but a place.”  I say not so.  For if a special moment is one of fond rememberance, we carry it with us and relive it forever:  as do I.  From the beginning, little did I understand that in your tears and His smile that you would find the answer to that of my completion and to that end, at last, I am sated.

“Turn, face me now.  I emplore you, look to my face as I speak that I offer with sight a gift for a gift.  You must understand, that only moments ago, as recompense upon His smile, I did yield a portion of myself to you; and that which you mortally fear, for you, no longer, smolder.   Child, when you return home, you will find that on occasion, yours are the eyes that will in part…try mens souls.  

“But now I find you Here, and as Achilles, you sulk:  though admittedly, Here Heavens pavilion is by far the greater.   Oddly, I now find myself as Prium, dispatched to plead for an act of kindness and mercy not only for the entity you have revealed as manifestly duplicitous but also for those innocents who too are enmeshed.  

Child, I must tell you, He tells me, it is within your purview to decline and to consider this “If he so decides all will begin anew.”

teddi

« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
“Now, as you have pondered for some time; I must urge an immediate pronouncement.”

“How rich, for this seminal occasion, the Clarion Silence reverberates; I ask, for this auspicious moment, what proclamation is suited incredulously after you inform me that in a moment of anguish you nebulously yielded…to me…“A gift for a gift?” How thoughtful for, until recently, you had repeatedly cursed me:  but now, before all and in His name, you thoughfully embellish what ever “it” is with a caring threat.  Truthfully, I am overwhelmed with such magnanimity.

“I must pause to consider, would I kindly decline your entreat and in that moment certainly suffer further untold horrors; or, shall I accept and quietly suffer anew the unknown.   That is essentially your supposed…grand proposition:  is it not?  It seems that what choices we truly make, even as Heaven listens, are rare and few:  if any.

“Of course, you would assert otherwise:  extolling that the choice is truly mine.  Still, I remember once, not long ago, you through another claimed that we are the masters of our own fate:  a lie?   For, here and now, it is clear it is otherwise, by your own admission, we are merely herded as cattle to an end of which in waking, through birth itself, we have no memory.   Now you would have me believe even before birth we have chosen our destiney and that fate, through one, a being as you, is that which drives us towards it?   How droll the moment.

“Hagel-Sieg:  Fährend des Momentes sind sie zu mir als Sie, bittere Wörter; als Kupfer auf meiner Zunge. (Hail Victory:  For the moment, they are to me as you, bitter words; as copper on my tongue).  Very well, I cannot do otherwise.  Take that what you wish:  nothing more than my conditional and grudging approval.  That said what do you convey that I am offered in return; specifically, what assurances have I?  What indispensable trinket do you bring me?”

“Here, I offer the assurance of an unforseen alternative; an ampulla.”

“A solitary opaque bauble?  Despite my appearance, pray tell, am I to be swayed by the ornament itself or its contents?”

â€śChild, that which I hold in the palm of my hand is yours.  Take it.  When it is opened I proffer…an end:  nothing more, nothing less and nothing as certain.  I understand your reticence, therefore as mediator, prior to my appearance, I took it upon myself and visited inturn the Rivers Acheron, Cocytus, Eridanos, Lethe, Phlegethon and Styx and took from each but a portion of their everlasting droplets:  which upon acceptance, via the ampulla’s unsealing, will run as quicksilver through your veins.  Consider its mystic contents a symbiotic relationship, one that, upon your return, would ensure from others both your anonymity and forever guarantee the status quo.

“Explain. What you offer me then is certain release?”

“No.  In part, your acts have sealed your fate; for in your own words you…you recognize that “…there is no fate which cannot be surmounted by scorn.”* What you seek, your release, is to be found only upon your catharsis, after which you will find each bead is bound to you; employ each where or when, as you desire; it will  perform as tasked…then immediately replenished in kind.  

“Seer, later, when the occasion presents, instruct the child, that if comingled under certain conditions, they present a most pleasant, if not familiar aroma.  

“Now my little one, we must come to the parting of our ways; yet, one would consider it additionally poetic, if, before leaving, one was so disposed to facilitate with the immediate administration of justice.  You need not reply for I believe you will in short understand that one good turn deserves another and that God helps those who help themselves?  If so, then look to the stoics of time, counting each as they approach and yeild yourself to the thoughts of His Seer who would otherwise call herself Sachem of the Northern Tribes.

“Now unless you find yourselves at a loss to consider the unfortunate consequences of remaining:  as do now the stoics, return unfettered to an immediate time and place to a verse of unidentified choice; knowing as does His Seer that we will meet again.  My love, you have but moments remaining, turn with me, as I do now, watch as they quickly approach their common seat then… leave me.  Wait…Wait…Now!...>…>>>…>>…>>>…It is done…. as am I.  To be or….ohhh my.”

“Sister? Sister?”

“Yes, I am still with you; as before…I took refuge here somewhere inside.”

“Yes, but you are strangely silent: reserved…as am I.  Why so?  You do perceive that we travel again but it is different… that this time…there are no portals and what looms is but one distant light…ergo the journey is fixed with but one destination.”

“Yes, as part of the bargain that much is evident nor…do I perceive us falling as before.  Perhaps, as it is with life, it is only an illusion.”

“You jest?”

“No, for I fear a dream.”

“Bargain? Dream? What dream?  What dream like illusion do you have to fear?”

“You do not know or remember?”

“No…why should I?”

“No?  I see then, nor will you likely remember upon our return this conversation.  The mist from the ampulla will work its full magic upon you shortly.  Nor will you will have knowledge of what Athena will face for aiding you.  What we did together was not a component of her destiney, or yours.  Until our appearance things were quite otherwise, it was on our arrival He bid me “Prior To her Appearance of What Is To Unfold Remain Silent.”

“Before it occurred…He understood Athena would take it upon herself to assist.”

“What exatly is…It? Assist?  Explain…………This is not like you…………what happened…what was done to me?”

“Quiet.  Together we have but a few moments remaining and then…and then the angel you once knew, as Athena, will be no more.  The instant we wake He showed me more than once what would happen if I were to fail you both.”

“And…and that would be…what exactly?”

“In failure, the certainty of your own self awareness:  existening in simultaneous alterntive realities without respite.  The purpituity found in each of your worst nightmares relived, a tortuous existence, unending.  He understood that if left to their own device the Stoics would have it no other way.  â€śAlternatively,” He said, “If Foundation were beat somehow it would be otherwise."

“To that end, our combined actions have sealed both your destinies.  You had no way of knowing that until you broke the ampulla.  What she yieled to you was in part her longing and the fury that drove her:  that, as you, she would for the first time become mortal.  With her sacrifice, if only briefly, she tastes life and you will live it to the fullest.  Now it is as it should be; you are silent.  Realizing, that from this moment on, you will most certainly grow old and watch your youth fade and finally wither.   The eternal youth will soon be no more; of that, we both made certain before we left Heaven’s Gates.”

“Both.  You mean you and I?”

“I mean the both of Us as for the moment that is not your concern.”

“Be that as it may, now you have no memory of that final moment because of the ampulla or of your heroics of which I will fleetingly recount.  I would tell you that upon Athena’s count and with ampulla in hand it was at my advice that “…the solitary warrior will charge headlong into battle, break the ampulla while in stride and dare strike each of his enemies in turn.”   It was at Athena’s urging that all of Heaven watched your immediate plunge into battle; “After all,” she said, “…if the entire world is a stage, is Heaven less?”

“Keep in mind that all heard the first rapid thoughts in your mind, of “I understand, the path first chosen must be…” followed by your shout of “NOW” as you fell headfirst upon a number of the beast.  A split-second later there was no doubt of whom you had singled out when you shouted, “With my touch I am first for you; the second:  the here and now.  I feel at what lives only for the moment.”

“Your timing was flawless; it had yet to recompose.  Startled and before it understood what was to occur, your first touch had fallen upon the varying features of the center and before those seated to either side could again shift, you just as swiftly reached out and stroked twice again, once to its record and finally then to its potential.  So seated each looked to the other noticing the touch of their adversary had left an indelible blotch upon the ever changing features of each.

“It was then you seemingly stung twice each three times again and spoke “Sisyphus entrapped you twice and was so unmercifully condemned when he released you.  Now, consider with but a touch what I have done:  the walking stick of time counts coup.  Of the eleven dimensions of time counted I leave the lesser unscathed that they may forever remember and tell those who sit wondering that the sting of my memory is their perpetual loss.**”

You do not remember but those were your last words and when we wake, you will find yourself remembering only that which is necessary for the immediate moment:  all else is as a clean slate.  You shall remain unidentified; untraceable and …and … when your doorbell rings…

*Albert Camus…The Myth of Sisyphus

**Count Coup – An exploit of valor performed upon an enemy by an unarmed warrior whose sole purpose was merely to tap his enemy with a reed or specially made coup stick rather than harm him.  Honors, generally in the form of eagle or ravens feathers were given for the audacity necessary for close combat and arranged in a warrior’s bonnet to signify the scope and measure of his exploits.  â€śThe surprise nudge from a coup stick would sting in one person's memory and sing in another's for a long time. Dishonor followed a coup counted on oneself.”  Wikipedia

teddi

« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
…you…you must, at all cost, ignore its tone.

â€śI hear your thoughts of “Why?” Why indeed do you ask yourself?  I will reply “First, because it is my only request of you. Second, because of all the many things which I may ask of you, only one will you immediately recall and forthwith act upon; and lastly, because in so doing, for all you have given me, untold experience beyond experience, now, I too find I am honor bound; besides, I have sworn that I will repay that generosity in kind and would protect you too.  It is my first act of duty.”

“You, protect me?  Your first act, how so and why shouldn’t I answer the door?”

“Yes, to your first and second queries, I shall shelter you and again because…because I have asked it of you; would you deny me fulfillment of my first obligation?  I think not.  Secondly, because where you are concerned, the tone itself involves another:  it is a key to your immediate impasse and in itself a clarion call; and lastly, that though three months’ time has passed, you will still be as naked as when we left.  

“Hush and listen to…my thoughts…for we quickly approach.  As for the why, where you are concerned, do you remember our ancestral account of the dream catcher?”

“Yes, it wouldn’t work… it failed miserably….no dream catcher made was ever strong enough to help me.”

“Yes and to this moment none mortally made contained the intricacies that would suffice; now do you understand?”

“Are you serious?”

“Absolutely, if I were not, why would we discuss it now; besides, allow me, it is only what I ask of you.  Listen and remember: I ask, as we step forth from this, our symbiosis that you immediately turn; in so doing, it is I whom you will face and instinctively within yourself, discern an irresistible personal imperative; the need of my touch; otherwise what…what we have shared will be…for naught.  A moment…

“Look…there ahead…see it? No, just to the right, beyond the horizon, our final destination looms:  the designated portal pulses with our approach; it signals that it waits for us. But oddly I…I find myself distracted and digress and…and unfortunately, my once loquacious Christopher H. Markison, I also sense through your silence, your immediate misgivings; especially now where…where I am concerned…that with my touch I would take something even more as yet unspecified from you.  To that suspicion, your senses, though not yet fully dulled, are correct.  Unquestionably, I will, as I have already, take much from you: that is certain.

“I will take what is needed leaving you, as it is with others in the end, what is left:  your unquenchable desire; the contemplation of your own and immediate humanity and what you, without interference, would make of it. Christopher, the journey has served us well.  It has afforded me the time to understand what I must do and I must explain quickly:  the ampulla which works its magic on you, has also affected me:  as we share a common blood, to that end, it does not differentiate.  What long ago passed between our ancestors, that minute portion of Elias’ blood oath, has, within me, also been transmuted.

“Secondly, as we have moved through time and space we have cohabitated the same casing and for whatever the reason we have become “similar.” Countless of your thoughts are mine while for the moment few of mine are yours; it is part of an understanding that we now share more than a commonality.

“Understanding? What is there to understand except that you…I mean your thoughts are somewhat…somewhat disjointed. So, tell me, why exactly is that?”

“Even though the possibility exists you would neither like it nor remember?”

“Yes, I don’t care.”

“So you say now, but in the end, believe me, you will.”

â€śI…”

“Yes, I, I too know.  Especially, of your understanding with your primary alter-ego, but as you will see…he as you…had other ideas and unknown to you voiced one such to Athena prior to your exploits which facilitated her understanding.  Christopher, before your deed, Athena was persuaded to understand, that even in the event of success, the need for an additional safeguard of her first child; one that would guard his memories and deepest secrets from intrusion.  Moreover, that while you slept, one that would stand as sentry…and in so doing…shield your dreams so they could not be taken and be used against you.

“After consideration the idea was agreed too.  However, it was also determined that to ensure success, a viable facilitator was needed; one which was replete not only with first hand historical knowledge of you but also possessing your intrinsic thought processes associated with their repetitive onsets. Christopher, once the matter was presented and after Bions’ repetitive studies confirmed it as such both understood that there was but one all-encompassing catalyst which would suffice:  a singular viable life force.  It, is the priceless foundational essence upon which the ampulla is formulated:  by its very nature, and with His consent, it is in harmony only to…you.

“There, are you satisfied?”

“No, you’re leaving something out? Why?”

“Yes. Shall I lie to you?”

“No.”

“It would go better if I did or remained silent...”

“No. Neither.”

“Very well.  Christopher, before we left do you remember Athena told you, that you had found a voice willing to die for you.  Yes, yes you do don’t you.  Well here is what you did not know, that it was only after Bion had given her the ampulla that she found out the sum of its cost; for originally, the intent was but for a portion of the whole; instead to function it removed more than envisioned.

“Did it hurt?”

“No, not really.   As for you it already has and for the foreseeable future you will dwell unaware of whom or what you truly are or of what has transpired.  Moreover, upon our touch, your dreams will no longer haunt your every waking moment and upon acceptance of a gift consider when lover’s eyes do meet “that is how it should be.”  

"Christopher H. Markison, I, Astyanax, through His Seer, am for you…your dream catcher."

Epilogue to Follow.

teddi

« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
Aeron waited for the predicted experience to strike her and for the first of her travel compatriots to arrive; remarkably, despite what was to occur, for the first time in her life she was…totally unafraid; she found herself “awake,” if one could term it such, as she stood at the ethereal edge of what was now realities impending awareness, in time stopped motion.  She took in the moment, appreciating that the finite instant which lies between what was and what will be and touches all that would be considered life thereafter…would at last resume.  By implication, the enormity of the moment was not lost upon the Priestess:  the sum of the world as it was, in this universe, had long ceased to function and of all its denizens’ only she for the moment was cognizant of the fact.  The very thought of such an occurrence once frightened her but now in stark contrast it was all so different; instead, she found herself consummately undaunted while marveling at her new found understanding; that shortly, regardless of its form, that an amazingly singular breathe of life would again course through each.  Yet, before it did and while still sheathed in the moment’s rapture, she allowed her darting eyes to wander about the stilled room; it was the light which shined through the window which first drew her attention.   Silently, she assessed the various rays of light which penetrated its panes as to their patterns and hues and marveled at the spectrum it cast which in turn led her to the next discernible phenomenon she observed.  

Under other circ-umstances The Sachem of the Northern Tribes would have been alarmed, instead the snapshot merely served as an effortless confirmation of her scrutiny that, “Amazingly, even for dust, time had ceased” as the oft mercurial particles had lost their collective urgency to fall as they too now hung motionless in time/space; their diffuse paths to rest having been abruptly suspended.  The resulting confirmation in her mind was existentially unavoidable: given the absence of even the faintest of surrounding thoughts which had normally bombarded her previously, that for the immediate moment, on this world, only she existed:  in cognizance and alone.   Again, it was a sobering thought:  all else had ceased; nonetheless she was of the belief that what the “destroyer of worlds” had so abruptly begun was soon to end.

In solitude, she turned her rapt attention to each of the living statuaries whom she beheld, those of “valiant dust”* who stood before her, captured in sentence.  To her keen eyes and memory, each had remained without the slightest of movements. “As a whole,” she purposely observed in past tense “they were, not are, but images, they vacuously existed:  once.  But until released, they were themselves, unknowingly, but shades:  unmoving in time; unaware that their sudden demise was itself to another, Him, but a change of form.”   Once more, her perfunctory, if not callous conclusion was unassuming; accordingly all she observed was “as it should be.” The evident, as far as her immediate surroundings were concerned, was as she remembered:  â€śnothing had changed;” she presumed, “in this world, at least not materially; except…except for where Odysseus’ apparition had stood.”  Instead, all she saw was the area’s concentric circles of spinning dust; spiraling upward and then coalescing at a center point almost a meter above the floors surface “which means” she concluded “the moment is prior to his arrival.”

It was then she heedfully scrutinized the quintessential child who still remained both as naked and as motionless as she remembered and inwardly smiled to herself in satisfaction.  The object of her hunt for awareness and understanding remained as promised, in situ, without the slightest inkling of impending motion.  As the opportunity now presented itself, she leisurely studied his figure, beginning with every hair that lay on his head, and then smiled to herself that even his once supposed “raccoon eyes” and elongated lashes were still as fetching and alluring as she remembered them; moreover, that even his lipstick remained as glossy as when applied so many months ago.  She quickly contrasted his eyebrows with those of his sister and noted that except for the two or three hairs which strayed over the bridge of his nose that they were indistinguishable. As for his ears, she felt the clip-on earrings he wore “accentuated what were the delicate features of his face; however” she thought “as a safeguard, something more permanent is necessary.”  Thereafter, the scant attention she paid to his developing chest and taught torso was offset by her interest of what she now chose to fixate upon below his narrow waist and navel:  the groin area; focusing  first upon it’s prominent projection and then to the two similarly sized egg shaped orbs which now nestled so gently beneath it.  

Mentally she noted his mother’s words of “What you have been will come to an end” and once again ruefully thought, as she had previously, it particularly cruel to have tormented him so, when it could and should have been otherwise; to at least drop a hint and have told him why he had felt so ill.  Aeron bitterly mused at her witticism “She could have avoided the subsequent actions which had followed; but then again,” she paused, tempering her thoughts with “perhaps I have judged her too quickly.”  

She would have been satisfied at pushing the thought out of her head but instead the all too convincing thoughts of another, relayed specifically through one Werhner Maximillian’s timely letter, again crossed her mind “For in that sliver of time, the authority, which has moved you, as I, matures” now became, self-explanatory. “I understand” she said to no one but herself ”time is but a place in which certain things occur; such as two events some of which at the time appear meaningless; that is unless of course you are able to connect the dots elsewhere and find that they are indeed interconnected.  In retrospect, the boy had told the absolute truth but no one had listened or understood his claim of “…I told you the truth…I “just” did what was necessary, as time, is of no consequence; to me it is a given and it exists to be used endlessly. A second more or less to you, in retrospect, is meaningless, is it not? What could possibly happen in a second?”  

“I would reply as much is wanting and do so.”    Aeron softened her initial conclusion of Julie Athena “Logically, from that moment of discovery, it appears the act itself was necessary:  otherwise propelled, none of which followed would have occurred; which means that she too knew and understood she had reached a certain crossroad and that regardless of her efforts would herself cross her own Rubicon.  But did she do which for both what was necessary?”

She allowed the uncertainty of the thought to roam a bit further and would have dismissed it altogether as a well-played roll of the dice:  but didn’t.  She chose instead to contemplate “Yes, Julie had actually taken a chance of risking all upon the uncertainty of what would follow.  Her exhibiting her obstinacy…her lack of compassion…her…” she stopped her evaluation in mid-sentence then abruptly changed course thinking the obvious “no, of course, it was otherwise; quite so.  It wasn’t that at all; Brisa was right from the first and had called her on it herself. Julie played it for all it was worth and then some; she had too, if only to prove a point; but really, what was the point:  to prove herself to him?  No, to a lost little boy, I believe the message was otherwise:  of course it was.  Werhner, if you are listening, I trust each will understand the differentiation of which you wrote:  it is from experience we learn, why that it is better to forgive, to forget.  I wonder which of the two, so desperately in need of such, would first comprehend that justifiably, in some instances, compassion  would trump either a promise or obligation.  

With that, again her roving eyes darted right and left and noted that the lack of polish on his fingernails. Then, up and down her eyes moved quickly to check both legs and imagined what his toes and fingers would look like with polish on them and took a small measure of satisfaction in knowing that once he had accepted her gift that that would indeed become, for the next several years, a practical necessity. In the calm which would follow, she would explain it to him later; that “The nail polish will cover what clippings are left after the nails are trimmed.  If left to themselves they are a part of you which are as a bread crumb trail left in time and as such can be pursued; once applied the polish will render them as undetectable.”  She knew what had already in part been determined; however, she was not the one who would tell him that as Achilles, he must and would, for the foreseeable future, hide in plain sight.   After taking him all in once again the rational summation to which she concluded was “I feel nothing for him:   but affection.”  

To her, it was a reasonable conclusion:  after all, without him she would have interminably been relegated to accepting life as it was, or had been, rather than exploiting its challenges to the fullest.  Now it was different, in return, in gratitude, she would offer what she could: her attuned allegiance and devotion and a gift upon receipt, which, so it was said, would for him, seal his fate to another.  â€śAfter all” she thought “in order to give, someone, in turn must also be willing to receive.”

And with that thought she marveled at the spectral image she suddenly watched:   it was her, smiling while crawling out of an ever shrinking hole adjacent to the boy as her formally frightful self was reluctantly being drawn in to it.  She pondered the event of passing her own self in time; and of arriving back to observe both her departure and arrival prior to their seemingly concurrent actions.  She had become a witness to it all and now in thought, happily welcomed her spectral persona’s return with but one word “Enter.”  Riveted, she observed the wisp move in serpentine fashion towards her; without disturbing a single particle of the dust which still hung between the two of them.  Inches from her it abruptly paused coming up short before her eyes and then gently nodded in acknowledgement to her, reminding her of its presence and of its acceptance for the permission it had received.  It entered the sanctuary in which she, for the remainder of this life, would reside and then His Seer spoke “Maker of All, our thanks for this world, for both our safe journey and joining.”  

Aeron Deron, to this moment, the sole remaining Algonquin High Priestess of Northern Tribes, a position to which her esteemed mother once held, though warned, was unprepared for what immediately followed; for through her action of openly receiving, she had implicitly acknowledged her warm acceptance of that which she now shared with the boy:   the intangibility of what was offered for his release: in every aspect…all of him; so inundated, the successive waves of his past experiences as a whole crashed in upon her.  In her mind, she had instantly become confidant to all of his lives, words and deeds; and now rode their tidal waves of false hopes and comingled fears in tandem with their escorts of the crushing ruin which followed each.  In her mind, she experienced their eternal turmoil’s and excruciatingly felt herself as they had for ages:  overwhelmed and awash in the oceans of time; finding oneself barely afloat; constantly forced beneath the crashing waves then clawing to remain close to the surface to reach out and gasp for breath only then, when so close, to be tossed and turned as wind whipped flotsam and jetsam, eventually to be dashed upon some distant shore and then, if only for a moment, the hellish swirling nightmare would cease.  Unfortunately by then she knew the truth of each successive life:  that in each the dreams devilishly compounded themselves; became worse, building one upon the other and then, for its grand crescendo, as in acceptance en masse it would bow:  howling while devouring all it touched; and always, always save one exception, leaving in its wake the same inevitable result.  Despair.  If she could, right there, she would have gasped for breath, and then in utter misery screamed aloud, but knowing better, instead, The Sachem of The Northern Tribes humbly apologized to no one in particular for her intrusion, but to all she knew as one.   The riposte to her apology was to be expected, only the sound of resounding silence; and then, thankfully:  absolute tranquility. She more than welcomed the interlude and if she could have, most certainly would have, wilted, while heaving a sigh of relief; instead His Seer, none other than The Sachem of the Northern Tribes, stood fast:  unconquered.

And while doing so, the catcher of dreams, recounted again not only his lives, which she now held dear, but also as to the darkest secret of his secrets.  Of course he had many but none approaching that which she found of the boy’s misnomer; which for the moment she carefully and in astonishment set aside as one would with a book being read, stopping, then noting the appropriate line and page completed with a marker, and resolving in eagerness after learning the truth to “finish it later.”  Following that there was little left to understand.  She pensively waited for whatever it was to occur thinking to herself “Why am I still mystified?  How is it possible that I have, for some time, been expected?  How is it that at every turn he has been one step ahead?  The Sachem knew the answer and quickly went back to the page she had mentally noted and laughed at the joke; then proceeded to muse of how each face knew of her, had been told of her and how they now waited for The Sachem of the Northern Tribes, His Seer, “to distinguish the face of each fear as it approached, not only through its unique timbre but also as to the registers of its resonating frequencies and lastly as to its individual fragrances.”

Never before, had she equated fear, distress or terror as quantifiable entities, let alone death as containing a discernible and specific essence.    But she knew that to each of them it was so as each successive face claimed in first person present tense before her “Death you will find has its own smell and for each of us it is quite dreadfully personal but always it begins the same way:  it calls to you with a slight lilting voice that simply calls you by name to “come closer.”  After hearing that, well, you know it’s looking for you but there’s no stopping it.  It always gets you, the question is when.”  

The sobering thoughts left her exhausted and nattering to no one in particular “Child, we have since learned, why it was never a question of when but always of why so soon:  they dreaded his immediate awareness and growing potential.”  Initially, it struck her as odd that she would converse in present tense to no one in particular but then again that was the secret wasn’t it?  What he could do or did and when she innocently again whispered to no one in particular; never expecting a reply “Don’t worry, shortly, the night traveler will at last find safe harbor; then…” she paused as it struck her, “of course, up until recently; as a child he was always a “night traveler.”  

“Yes, it could explain” she thought, “the odd sailing ship of which Odysseus had metaphorically spoken.” She glanced to the mingling dust which had yet to coalesce and amended her observation with “It could” she said again to no one in particular “explain why the odd sailing of which Odysseus has yet to speak, is actually here; in this very room and how of late, remembering the threads of his conversations, exponentially he finds it increasingly easier to travel while daydreaming.”

â€śYes it could” whispered the unexpected rejoinder.  Instantaneously she knew.  His was the most difficult life experience to have suffered yet      His was the pleasant voice which spoke “Aeron, Kwey, Kwey” to her.  

“My…Elias, your voice is as soft and tender and as beautiful as I remember.”

“Tebwe?” (Truthfully?)

“Tebwe.”

In her ear she heard him whisper “Aeron”… paused…then thrice over…repeated “Bindinshozin…bindinshozin…bindinshozin” listening to the last of his fading words diminishing into nothing; until his lilting voice uttered to her “Sister, yes, it is I: “I am a night traveler…Travel all through the night…And my bed is a sailing boat…I reach for my bed every night… And take a trip places far away…To see new things and people…I travel past the harbors…Full of anchored boats…I travel past the beaches…With swaying coconut trees.  I watch the waves…Embracing the shore…I watch the kids playing…And reach out my arms.  Then I touch my own bed…Here comes a flash…And my boat is back…And I am back in bed.  My boat sails every night…And reach home with morning light…Never did it anchor once…Still traveling every day…Hoping to reach …That unknown destination.”**

She knew he was gone but waited for him to speak again of that “unknown destination” and of finally making port at journeys end:  here and at last at home.  She stared at the bed, the wooden vessel upon which he had set sail and then to its bow and stern:  the high foot and headboards and then to its side rails of wood.  In her estimation it was a vintage eighteenth century Mary Clare’s – Shaker inspired bed yet, it was…still…in excellent condition except for the perfectly formed “B” gouge she noticed on its lower inside left front leg.  Immediately she wondered enough to look at the lower right front leg, where another striation appeared, same height at mid-point and exactly opposite the first; except of course the “I” was otherwise.  

She would have laughed at the obvious conclusion if not for the fact that she wanted to cry and the only way to avoid that was as the scholar she once presumed herself to be deducing “The inequitable disparity forced upon him is obvious and purposely cruel: yet, it provided the necessary crucible for the inexorable thread of resolve which has become his bulwark.”  She just as quickly ridiculed herself with “Get over yourself you pompous fool” as was quite satisfied that she couldn’t and wouldn’t argue the point she couldn’t possibly win; instead, she would, as Bion, wait for her comrade, Astyanax, to come forth and fulfill his portion the bargain.  

“Astyanax, or by any other name, at every turn I find him marvelously resilient.  Knowing each of his faces he has not changed an iota:  he remains, cunningly beautiful; but then again, being so cursed it is understandable.  His was,” again she immediately corrected herself “is… the discerning knowledge upon which his current alter ego, Christopher, has moved through time.  His was the recurrent nobility of purpose through which, in successive lives, had permeated each and his was the unyielding principle of determination upon which in time that they had moved:  N??? ? ???????…Sieg Oder Tod...Victory or Death.  His was the accrued ac-umen that time itself had unkowingly provided each with an unparalled opportunity for success:  but at a cost; for each had shrewdly become the others raison-d'ĂŞtre and to this moment each had been one and inseparable.  She laughed at Dumas’ epic line of “All for one and one for all” understanding its foundational inspiration.

Sadly, it was to that tearful inevitability, as his dream catcher, she waited; until the tear which formed in her eye began to move.  She thought to wipe the side of her face but instead immediately repeated the last word she had uttered over nineteen months prior:  â€śStill” in a time and place quite different than she had stood prior.  â€śStill” she gasped “Still…Julia Athena, all of you, stay still and please stop; please forgive me but the fault is mine. If not for my meddling this matter would have been resolved long ago.”

“Aeron? Aeron?  This is Julia, are you alright?”

“Yes of course, why would you ask?”

“Well for one, I was just speaking to Christopher when all of a sudden you interrupted me; practically yelled out one word over and over again and then for just a moment I thought you had a completely vacant look come all over your face; like you were somewhere else and then just like that in a flash you began to cry; not much mind you they practically vanished before you could wipe your eyes and started apologizing to everyone here.   I understand your interest here but what on earth are you apologizing for?

“Julie, Brisa…Mr. Markison, I mean Eric we need to speak in private.”

“Why, ask me that, when I was just about to tell Christopher about the simply remarkable idea which had just come to my mind, first concerning the significance of his name but also that if I ever chose someone to put my trust in that it would be … a decision that I…that I believe in…because…”

“Because” said The Sachem of the Northern Tribes as she made her way between Brisa and Eric towards both “at heart, he is everything you had hoped for yet feared.  If you please, I would ask a family favor; that before either you or your husband Eric says another word here, don’t.   Just stand and listen.”   I will explain it to you both” as she stared warily at the bed adding “away from here and in private.  In the meantime, Brisa, while Christine takes her younger brother to her room and helps him get dressed, please take your daughter and be kind enough to wait downstairs; we’ll join you shortly.  And Christine, make it something light and airy:  understand?”

She did and all too clearly.

Christine watched as Aeron extended her right arm stopping it inches shy of her brother and noted the quizzical look on his face when she said “And as for you Christopher H. Markison before you take your sisters hand and leave, I ask but one thing.”  

It was just after he’d touched her that she realized that for the first time that she could remember that she was alone in her thoughts and now felt completely hollow.

End Part 1/3

*Shakespeare, "Much Ado About Nothing" Act Two, Scene 1

**"Night Traveler" by Deepa Thomas

The more you give, the more I can give back.

The dots in the map below represent every person who visited Betty's since May 17, 2020. Blinking dots show people currently here. However if you haven't clicked on anything in a couple minutes your dot won't blink until you click on something again.

Web
Analytics

Hits to Betty's Pubs since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Website, forum design, software, & security on this site is copyrighted. It was made personally by Betty Pearl, of Betty Pearl's Pubs, Sissy Stories, buffalobetties, pearlcorona. Betty's Pub is a non-profit organization & support group for the transgendered, & Fetware community. We don't sell anything, & we don't data mine your personal information & habits to sell like MOST other sites do. We respect your privacy & won't sell it out for a few bucks.

Site for: Sissy Stories, ABDL Stories, Sissy Art, Crossdressing, Transgender