Due to Betty's recent illness, most of Betty's sites are limited to members only, and no new registrations for memberships will be accepted at this time.

Trans News ~ Headline News ~ Science News ~ Tech News ~ Paranormal & Aliens
Odd News ~ Betty's YouTube ~ My other channel

The more you give, the
more we can give back!
There has been,

Hits to Betty's
Pubs since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Author Topic: may we be able to keep this Site alive?  (Read 2451 times)

SissyMichaela

• Baby Buns
may we be able to keep this Site alive?
« on: March 17, 2023, 12:57:42 PM »
Hi fellow Sissies.
now, that the sad news of Betty's passing are sunken, i think, we should try to keep this site alive in Memorial of Betty.
Betty was a wonderful Person and this Site was her "Baby".
I am 53 Years old and THIS Site was one of the first, i discovered as i got Access to the Internet in 1990.
So it means a lot to me.
I did donate many times in the past to keep Betty and her beloved Cats running.
Unfortunately donating money (via paypal) is the only thing i can do from Germany.
Maybe there are Sissies, that are located near Betty's or her Sisters Home, that are willing to help.
To become the new Owners of the Site.
If this is possible, i would be glad to be a little helping Elf, that gives a bit of Money.
Every Sissy, that has the slightest relation to this Site, should try to keep it alive.
Betty has created a Place, where we all found out, that we are not the only one with this desire.
We all saw, that there are a Mass of other people, that think similar.
In my Opinion we should hold buffalobetties.net alive as long as possible.
It would be our form of honoring this great Person, that Betty was.

(please forgive me my bad englisch. i'm from Germany and english is not my native language. and again, reading all that wonderful stories here, Betty did help me a lot to learn that language, as i had russian as a foreign language in school, because i grew up in east Germany.)

billykins

• Story Queen
Re: may we be able to keep this Site alive?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 05:59:59 PM »
So sad, even for me, a latecomer.  As to keeping the site going, I suspect it may not be possible in its present form - though I have little technical knowledge, I doubt the registration is transferable.  Might it be possible to start a new site - with Betty's name in the url - just for stories?  It would need a blog format, and members log-in; and also ahigh storage capacity and an administrator and moderators.  Perhaps it would be an idea to download and store some of the best stories already here, so they should not be lost.  I guess many of the authors will have the originals anyway.  I hope something can be done, though the founder has passed on, to keep her spirit alive.

DaraJaney

• Winner of the Golden Panties Award
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 03:17:45 AM »
So sad to hear of Betty's passing.  This site has been a wonderful outlet for sharing our stories.  Deepest condolences.

antonia

• Winner of the Golden Panties Award
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 07:28:22 AM »
Dara, we are both old hands on this site! I just wish there was a way to secure its future.

I am away, but will download as much as I can when I get back. I have saved a lot of my favourite stories already, but it might be worth going back into the historical stuff.

Let’s hope for a solution to save Betty’s wonderful creation.

sarahpenguin

• Super Sissy
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 07:58:07 AM »
I wish  I could help. In the states but living on disability for my bad knee.I had to give up driving because of  the pain. I have very little disposable income.after paying my bills.

SissyMichaela

• Baby Buns
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 10:33:06 PM »
hmmm,
due to betties sense of security, i am logged in here in the stories section, but have no writing rights in her pub section.
so i can not write a reply in the "42" Thread there.
All, what i would write is:
Can Betties Sister please tell us, how much Money this Site needs per Month?
if anyone with permissions on both forums could ask Betties Sister for me, it would be nice.
Lastly i have donated $25 a month.
When i have a realistic cost for the Forum(s), i would decide, if i can make it a monthly donation to keep this site running.

BabyLock

• Mommy's Dearest
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 12:35:27 AM »
I have started a new forum - still in the experimental stage trying to move the stories
over - not an easy task - have the LINK back to this site so far - - -
The new forum (on Pro-Boards is a free one - may have limits of how much can be posted)

https://bettys-legacy-storys.freeforums.net/

Thanks to Sandra B for the title hint "legacy"

The more you give, the more I can give back.

The dots in the map below represent every person who visited Betty's since May 17, 2020. Blinking dots show people currently here. However if you haven't clicked on anything in a couple minutes your dot won't blink until you click on something again.

Web
Analytics

Hits to Betty's Pubs since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Website, forum design, software, & security on this site is copyrighted. It was made personally by Betty Pearl, of Betty Pearl's Pubs, Sissy Stories, buffalobetties, pearlcorona. Betty's Pub is a non-profit organization & support group for the transgendered, & Fetware community. We don't sell anything, & we don't data mine your personal information & habits to sell like MOST other sites do. We respect your privacy & won't sell it out for a few bucks.

Site for: Sissy Stories, ABDL Stories, Sissy Art, Crossdressing, Transgender