Due to Betty's recent illness, most of Betty's sites are limited to members only, and no new registrations for memberships will be accepted at this time.

Trans News ~ Headline News ~ Science News ~ Tech News ~ Paranormal & Aliens
Odd News ~ Betty's YouTube ~ My other channel

The more you give, the
more we can give back!
There has been,

Hits to Betty's
Pubs since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Author Topic: Continuing this Forum  (Read 3525 times)

BabyLock

• Mommy's Dearest
Continuing this Forum
« on: April 04, 2023, 01:05:54 AM »
With the passing of Betty the administration (and moderation) of this Forum is in question.
I don't believe that Betty delegated anyone to act in Betty's behalf so the transfer of the
administration of the Forum is in a state of limbo.

The contributions donations to Betty were I think for Betty's well being and taking care of the
pet cats. Thus the financial aspects of running the Forum perhaps are uncertain.

Betty's next of kin may be able to provide some insight in this regard perhaps a Will or other
doc-ument(s) to clue us in.

Once the Forum server and etc. has been established the transfer of ownership can be
undertaken by someone to continue it. Once that is done - suggest a dual role administration
so that the Forum can continue.

In the meantime while this is being done in the background - all the readers and members
here should copy the stories and content to a flash drive of other suitable storage device.

If the Forum closes there is a good chance of everything being retrieved from some Achieves
but this is not guaranteed - it just may wind up being sent to the Great Void (lost forever).

Sandra B

• Winner of the Golden Panties Award
Re: Continuing this Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 04:17:02 AM »
The reality is that we all want it to continue, but none of us knows how to put this into practice.  It seems to me that the domain will expire - it would help to know when - and that if we want to carry on we will need a new domain and we will have to start from scratch.  Perhaps our efforts should be directed towards finding someone with the technical knowledge to set up a new site - just for the stories - and raising money to fund it. 
To be honest I'll be surprised if we can do it.  It would require one or two people with some technical knowledge to take on the task seriously, and many of us to compromise our anonymity.  I think the fund-raising would be the least of our problems.  But if anyone here has the necessary knowledge or contacts, please come forward before it's too late.

RibbonBound

• Dolly
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 11:54:52 PM »
I'm far from an expert, but I do have some knowledge in the area and I'm almost certain no one else will be able to take over management of this server unless Betty had something already arranged.

For example, I can do a domain lookup and see that Betty used a domain reseller, eNom LLC and I can see the domain expires November 3rd, 2023.  But at any time before that the database could corrupt, services could stop working, the server could fail, the internet could reach the end of however long it's been paid for and be shut off, etc.

But everyone has to remember that Betty's servers were constantly under attack.  Betty had to take steps to make sure all the people who had ill intent couldn't attack them, take them over, transfer them without permission, and so on.  I don't think we have the technical ability to overcome what Betty put in place to protect the site in the time-frame available.   

Honestly, unless Betty left some instructions, it would be easier to just create a brand new site than it would to save this one.

SissyMichaela

• Baby Buns
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 10:08:51 PM »
saving stories may be helpful, but even if this page stops to exist, the Internet forgets nothing.
Betties former pages can still be found on Archive Sites like waybackmachine, etc.

all you need to know is the old url.
so maybe we can write a list with all the old url's that Betty had for her pages...

BabyLock

• Mommy's Dearest
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 12:44:35 AM »
I have started a new forum - still in the experimental stage trying to move the stories
over - not an easy task - have the LINK back to this site so far - - -
The new forum (on Pro-Boards is a free one - may have limits of how much can be posted)

https://bettys-legacy-storys.freeforums.net/

Thanks to Sandra B for the title hint "legacy"

antonia

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 02:08:50 AM »
Good job! I’ve signed up and will help to upload old stories.

This is the best solution, probably as perfect as we could ever hope for.

Thank you

Sandra B

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 03:34:54 AM »
Wow!  That's great, BabyLock.  Thanks a million for your initiative and enterprise. x

The more you give, the more I can give back.

The dots in the map below represent every person who visited Betty's since May 17, 2020. Blinking dots show people currently here. However if you haven't clicked on anything in a couple minutes your dot won't blink until you click on something again.

Web
Analytics

Hits to Betty's Pubs since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker

Website, forum design, software, & security on this site is copyrighted. It was made personally by Betty Pearl, of Betty Pearl's Pubs, Sissy Stories, buffalobetties, pearlcorona. Betty's Pub is a non-profit organization & support group for the transgendered, & Fetware community. We don't sell anything, & we don't data mine your personal information & habits to sell like MOST other sites do. We respect your privacy & won't sell it out for a few bucks.

Site for: Sissy Stories, ABDL Stories, Sissy Art, Crossdressing, Transgender